Provided you did not end up here out of mere accident, you turned to this post out of hope (or just curiosity) to discover some new ways of improving your life. This is your first mistake.
Can there ever possibly exist a general recipe applicable to anybody, which if followed step-by-step will render us felicitous? Could the path to happiness be narrowed down to a few steps as if we were baking a cake and in need for strict, unfamiliar instructions? Could it be achieved so easily, merely by doing what one ‘should do’? Obviously not. It varies from person to person, and ”How can one be happy?” has as many answers as the number of people who live, have lived and will live on this planet. So why waste your precious time searching something you are well aware it does not exist?
Indeed, it is way easier to simply turn to someone who allegedly knows what they’re saying. But that won’t get you anywhere. Until you become conscious of the fact that you are making yourself unhappy and running away from the solution, you won’t ever find one. But seeking for people’s general advice is merely a proof of the overburdening fear to look inside yourself and understand what the real problem actually is.
You can learn, for instance, from other parents how they manage to divert their children, but there’s only a slight chance of that working on yours as well. Only by paying close attention for your child’s preferences, by getting to actually know him better and experimenting to see what works and what not you could apprehend what he actually needs. Provided that my humble attempt at a comprehensible analogy got my message across, here are the 7 steps that I promised you:
1. Stop searching for answers from people who seemingly know what their talking about.
The only exceptions here would be those who know you and actually care about you, although for such a big matter as happiness only you can know how to attain it.
2.Before you can live with others, you have to live with yourself
3. There is no such thing as “I am not strong enough”. You can be as strong as you want to (and likewise as weak as you want to).
4. Just do what your soul dictates, fight life’s absurdity with the absurd
5. You already know the keys to most of your problems, you are just afraid to search for them inside you. Contemplate yourself more.
6. Similarly, nothing I’ve said in this post was unknown to you, everything was already there. Trust yourself, otherwise who would?
7. After you leave this page, don’t give in to other pedantic posts/books/magazines or whatever that claim to have the key for your spiritual fulfillment. It’s perilously erroneous, for you already hold it in your hand ( but you are too busy creating bulwarks that prevent you from entering your own mind castle). Happiness is frightening, be aware of it.